My Experience with The Samsung Galaxy Note 7


On the 19th of August this year, my mom got my Galaxy Note 7. I didn’t know about it at first, because she only gave it to me on the 27th for my birthday. The night I got it, it started to reboot for an update. After waiting 25 or so minutes, the phone started to turn back on. I was excited to use my phone for the first time. While booting up though, it went into a state called “recovery mode.”

 I was unfamiliar with this weird, puzzling, tech-y random text floating about on my screen.  After fiddling around I just decided to google it. Hundreds, maybe even thousands of Note 7 users complaining about their phones having the same problem. I realized it might be good to visit my carrier and maybe they could help fixing it. Then, they redirected me to a Samsung service center, who just referred me back to my carrier. After going around different centers and locations of my carrier, I just decided to return it.




                                                           


image from inquirer.net



 Unfortunately, because my mom gave it to me 8 days after she received it, the 7 day return policy wasn’t in effect anymore. They just took the unit for repair, and then I eventually told my carrier that there was a global recall. Shortly after, my carrier replied and took the phone off their website.

Afterwards, knowing my carrier’s terrible service, they just offered me a cheaper phone with a few freebies. I just decided to take it because I needed a phone. They ended up telling me that it would take 1 month to process my request and get me a new phone. Right now, I’m debating if I should even get a Note 7 anymore. Samsung really had their timings bad too, because their return dates are after the release of the iPhone 7, so who knows what phone I’ll get anymore.


Comments