My Love for Ramen, Amen!

My Love for Ramen, Amen!
by Luis Lagman


            My mom and I always go out on weekends to try out different restaurants and evaluate each one of them. Most of the time, she would encourage me to try dishes which I haven't tried before. If we choose a Japanese restaurant, my choice would always be limited to tempura and a little bit of sushi and that's about it.


            When I visited Japan earlier this year, I instantly fell in love with all things Japanese. I was impressed with their culture, transportation system, technology, people, and of course, Japanese food. The one particular food which made a special mark on me was ramen! Ramen is a Japanese soup dish served hot in a big bowl. It has noodles, meat, fish-based broth, soy sauce and a lot of toppings. They come in different kinds and variety, all of which are of rich complex flavors. Just thinking about it makes me drool. I love Ramen!


            Ramen has been on the top of my list of favorite food ever since. Whenever my mom and I visit a Japanese restaurant, ramen will always be on our table. No matter how big those bowls are, I always finish them! I am glad that we have a handful of good ramen restaurants in the Philippines. I don't need to fly back to Japan to enjoy this flavorful dish that I now call ramen, amen!


How to make Light Ramen Noodle 

from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ba5twlPFlM

Comments