Overwatch on Nintendo Entertainment System (mini?)

This idea was recommended by an Unknown person, and the idea was made by RKADE Soup.

I saw a video of a concept I thought that was worth sharing. This video was Overwatch on the NES, you can find the link here. I thought to myself "Man, I wish this was possible, " and then I thought to myself " hey, this is possible." I see the possibilities of this happening, seeing that Nintendo is starting to work on an new NES: The NES MINI for about USD59.99.
NES mini
(image from: Nintendo)

First, let's talk about the ways this could be probable. I see that the graphics will be in the classic 8-bit style, and the soundtrack sounds just like the classic NES style. I see that it will be like the sidescrolling beat-em-up games with some boss-fights added in. From what I've seen, you can play as most of the heroes, except for the villains. You go around shooting the evil TALON agents in possibly more than just Hanamura.
Overwatch on NES
(image from: RKADE Soup)
Now let's go to the problems. First of all, it goes down to rights. RKADE Soup will have to sell the rights to Blizzard, then Blizzard will have to make a contract with Nintendo to put the game in the NES mini. From my experience, Blizzard doesn't buy fan-made ideas, but they might get them if the creators give the rights to Blizzard for free. Second, the video hasn't shown how you select your characters, even so, a character selection like the one in the real game will ruin the flow of things in your game as you shoot down TALON agents.

Comments