Reviewing our New Ramen Stand


If you are following our blog and have read my post about ramen, then you would know that this is my second entry about ramen. It would not be so hard to say that I indeed love ramen. It’s not everyday that I get to drive to Ramen Nagi or some high quality ramen place for some high quality ramen, mainly because I’m very busy with school. Unless, you could go to a ramen place IN school! Yes, you heard me right! It got me very excited when I learned that there was going to be a ramen stall inside Ateneo de Manila High School cafeteria! Before you could even ask, oh yes! I tried their ramen already! Well, let me first give you a review about it, then decide whether it's worth trying.


The name of the stall is Yatai. Yatai serves 3 different flavors of ramen: the Soya Milk set, the Shoyu set, and the Traditional set. The Shoyu and Soya Milk sets serve 3 variants: Chashu, Tempura, and roasted beef. The Traditional set serves many kinds of ramen like Japball Ramen, and more.




The first ramen flavor that I tried there was the Soya Milk Chashu ramen. At first glance, it looks visually appealing, and thankfully not appalling. But that’s not what we’re here for, am I right? We’re here for the taste! I was, of course, lenient when it came to the taste, since I knew that I was eating cafeteria food. The noodles of the ramen were quite underwhelming, which disappointed me a little bit. However, surprisingly, the broth totally changed my view on the ramen. The flavor is rich and is really good. It was way above the level of cafeteria food in general. The other added elements such as the fish cake, carrots, and seaweed complemented well the ramen, definitely in a league of its own. 




 http://mrandmrsvegan.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/img_63751.jpg

The next ramen flavor that I tried was Chashu, a variant of the Shoyu set. Like the Soya Milk set, it also had outstanding flavor. All elements blended in well with the broth, thus gave it a very good taste. It has a very distinct taste. One concern I have whenever I eat ramen is not being able to distinguish one flavor from the other. Thankfully this one have a very different and unique taste. I guaranty that you will have a satisfying taste trip when you eat each type of ramen.

http://gastrolust.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/GoBistro-shoyu-ramen-3240.jpg


Aside from taste, I also make it a point to take notice the prices of such products I get to taste since I know that budget concerns most students. For a cafeteria ramen, it is but fair to price this very demanding dish to 75 pesos, 20 pesos cheaper than its current price. All types should be priced equally because all is equally appealing. 

In summary, Yatai ramen is a very good ramen and a most welcome addition in our cafeteria. Everything is absolutely outstanding in Yatai. I would give this stand:



8/10 Bowls

Comments