Why “New Year, New Me” is not effective
Taken from: me.me



Hopefully after I post this I will still have my head and all my organs. The quote “New year, new me” is constantly overused by most of us “improving” human beings. I think that this is extremely ineffective for these select reasons.




The thought of change is a very daunting thought. For one, change is very, very hard. Our habits tend to get in the way of our goals. This is why the new year new me quote is highly annoying. At this point in time many of my friends (*ahem Sheng ahem*) are constantly “living” by this quote. They are what I call change mongers. In a time of overwhelming change and reform, these types of people try to manipulate their peers to go against the normal way of addressing these issues. A prime example of this is the Logan Paul fans defending him after he openly laughed and videoed a corpse. He supports the “New year, new me” campaign. He has changed in no way or form between 2017 and 2018. I know it may just be 9 days into 2018 but this can be a short enough time for the new years resolution people to get their move on.


Comments