The 65th Miss Universe


Image result for miss universe 2016

  I was at the 65th Miss Universe live. At the line, I was directly behind Ms. Czech Republic, who was taking snaps and took selfies with a lot of people, and was interviewed by several news stations. When passing through security, they made me put my phone on the conveyor belt, which I knew was a bad idea from the start. Long story short, my phone fell though a hole.

   Anyway, when I entered, the arena very lively and was full of excited fans from many different countries. Beside me, there were fans from Colombia, they were dressed in clothing from their country and had blow horns and were extremely happy when their contestant made the top 3. On the other side of the arena, there were 8 people with matching shirts and had letters that spelled "Thailand," they were also very ecstatic as their contestant made the top 6. Aside from the fans and the contestants, there was more entertainment. This came mainly from the host, Steve Harvey, who was very witty and new how to make the audience laugh. Before the show aired on television, he introduced himself as "Reuben," and he told us to scream as loud as possible when Steve Harvey came out when the show aired. All 86 contestants were accompanied by Flo Rida, who sang hits such as "My House," and other of his big hits.


  When the final few were going out, they were accompanied by Boys 2 Men, a trio not from my generation but I still appreciated their beautiful voices. Of course, many Filipinos were put on the edge of their seats, because the top 5 had been announced and Maxine Medina had not been called. Steve Harvey, then took a deep breath (making sure not to mess up again,) announced Philippines and the whole crowd was ecstatic and started jumping out of their seats. In the end, France won the title, although I thought Haiti was a better contestant from the start.

   My Miss Universe experience is something that I will not forget because it will be a long time until they host another Miss Universe here in The Philippines. It was also one of the first big events I've been to that's not a concert or an NBA game.

photo from missuniverse.com

Comments